Most of us don’t realize just how much water we waste. With a few simple tricks, we can greatly reduce the amount of water we use. This will result in lower utility bills and greener living. These tips can also help avoid plumbing repair in Colorado Springs.
To make the most of your water usage, use the following solutions. You’ll enjoy lower water bills, and you might save yourself from a call for emergency plumbing in Colorado Springs:
- Turn it off: Do you leave the water running while you brush your teeth or shave? Turn off the tap while you brush. For shaving, fill the sink with water and use this reservoir to rinse your razor. You’d be surprised how much water you can save by not running the faucet when it’s not truly needed.
- Run full loads: Avoid running the dishwasher or washing machine more than necessary. Wait until the dishwasher has a full load of dishes or you have a full load of laundry to wash. This reduces the amount of water you use, and it saves on your electric bill to boot! If you are purchasing a new appliance, look for water-saving settings that will save a ton of water over the life of the machine.
- Shorten your shower: A long, hot shower may feel nice, but it also wastes a lot of water. Try cutting down your shower time to improve your water efficiency. Consider installing water-saving faucets and showerheads in the bathroom to further improve water usage. Toilet dams, low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators are great solutions.
- Make repairs: Do you have a leaky faucet or toilet? Don’t ignore these minor repairs. They are sources of major water waste. They also worsen over time if not repaired. To stop the drip in your plumbing and your wallet, contact a professional for plumbing repair in Colorado Springs. By making the repair right away, you will save water, save on your utility bill, and avoid having to call for emergency plumbing in Colorado Springs in the future.
- Landscape with less water: When planning your landscaping, choose plants that require little water. As you arrange vegetation, place plants in places that naturally receive water runoff. If you are experiencing a dry spell, try to water your lawn and garden as little as possible. Additionally, when you mow the grass, use a higher setting for the blades so the grass remains longer to retain moisture. Lastly, use mulch around plants to further help them retain moisture.
If you’d like more tips to conserve water and save on utilities and plumbing repairs in Colorado Springs, contact the professionals at BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air. We are your go-to source for plumbing maintenance, advice and emergency plumbing in Colorado Springs. We would love to partner with you to help you save money on utilities and repairs. Reach out to us with any questions or to schedule an appointment for water-saving maintenance. Contact our team today to reduce your water usage tomorrow.