Home ownership can be costly when you consider all the little expenses it takes to keep your house running. While maintaining your home’s temperature and keeping your appliances in use are two important costs, it’s always advantageous to maximize your home’s cost-efficiency. Homeowners should know that it is possible to keep your family warm in the winter and cool in the summer without breaking the bank. Both a HVAC and a plumbing service in Colorado Springs can help you lower your utilities bill and get the most out of your energy costs.
Cost-saving HVAC tips
- Install a programmable thermostat: Having your HVAC technician install a programmable thermostat will allow you to set ideal temperatures for different times throughout the day. Being able to set separate temperatures for when you’re away at work or when you get home can save you money because you won’t waste energy while you’re not at home. This thermostat type can also let you set unique temperatures for different rooms within your home.
- Clean your home’s air filters: A clogged or dirty air filter can block air flow throughout your house. When this happens, it causes your HVAC system to work harder than it should, therefore consuming more energy and driving up your utilities bills. Dirty air filters can also lead to increased allergy symptoms or cause your family to become sick. You will want to work with a HVAC professional to ensure your air filters are replaced monthly and your system is running efficiently.
- Make sure your vents are clean: The vents in your HVAC system need to be clean and clear for air to move freely through them while warming and cooling your home. Dust and dirt can easily clog your vents, and can also cause your HVAC system to work harder than it should. Reduce costs and keep your vents clean by working with a professional who can clear any HVAC system obstructions.
Cost-effective plumbing tips
- Install a low-flow showerhead: You may be surprised to know that a 10-minute shower with a regular showerhead uses 42 gallons of water. A low-flow showerhead and a set shower time limit can help you use less water. A local plumber can help you quickly and easily install a showerhead that helps your family use less water during your daily routine.
- Identify hidden leaks: If your water bill is higher than normal, it’s possible you may have leaks in your plumbing. Should you suspect there is a leak, it’s important to call your plumber immediately. Over time, leaks can get worse, causing your water bills to rise and leading to property damage in your home. A knowledgeable plumber will be able to test your water system to locate the leak and provide a skillful repair.
With help from your HVAC and plumbing service in Colorado Springs, you can completely transform the effectiveness of your home. To learn more about how HVAC and plumbing services can make your home more cost-efficient, consult a skilled technician at BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air.
CONTACT BULLSEYE PLUMBING HEATING & AIR
Look no further than BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air for your Air Conditioning needs in Colorado Springs and Denver. If you need a repair on an existing Air Conditioning unit in Colorado Springs or Denver, we’ve got you covered! If you need a new Air Conditioning unit all together we’ve got you covered for that as well! Click below to schedule your appointment and fix all your Air Conditioning needs.
Whether you need heating services, cooling services, plumbing services, an HVAC system evaluation, repair, or replacement, or utility excavation, you can call on us to do the job and get it right the first time.