It may not feel like it quite yet, but winter is almost here! Before you know it, temperatures are going to be in the single digits and we’re all going to be driving to work on icy and snow-covered roads. Hopefully, you’ve already prepared your home to battle the cold conditions by calling a heating service in Colorado Springs, CO. But if you haven’t, there are a few things you can do around the house to get ready for the cold season:
- Check your windows and doors: Let’s face it; there’s no way to totally prevent heat from escaping your home or cold air from getting in. There are just too many cracks in our homes that air can slip through. However, you can prevent a lot of heat loss by checking your windows and doors to ensure your weatherstripping isn’t worn out and there aren’t any major cracks around the window or door frames. If there are, pick up some caulk from the hardware store to seal them. Doing so will keep your home more comfortable and will keep your heating costs lower throughout the winter.
- Replace your furnace filters: You may not know it, but your furnace filters need to be checked and replaced every two to three months. A dirty air filter makes your furnace work harder to produce warm air, which drives up your energy costs. Dirty filters also lead to less warm air production, which makes your home less comfortable in the winter. The best part is that you can replace an air filter by yourself in a matter of minutes, and they only cost a few dollars at the hardware store.
- Inspect your thermostat: As thermostats age, they tend to become less accurate. If you have an older thermostat, it’s not a bad idea to double check that it’s displaying the correct temperature in your home. You can do this by placing a thermometer next to your thermostat. If they have different readouts after 15 minutes, buy a new thermostat! You can potentially save hundreds of dollars each year by ensuring your home is set to the correct temperature.
- Lubricate the furnace motor: Depending on the age of your furnace, the motor might need a few drops of oil each year. A properly lubricated motor will ensure your furnace works to its full potential and doesn’t break down when you need it the most.
- Call an HVAC contractor: Calling a friendly heating service in Colorado Springs, CO is the easiest way to get your home prepared for winter. One of our HVAC experts will be able to inspect and service your furnace to ensure it’s up to safety standards and will function properly all winter long.
You’ll be amazed by how much more comfortable you’ll feel this winter and how much money you’ll save by completing the steps mentioned above. If your furnace breaks down at any point this winter, be sure to give BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air a call right away!
CONTACT BULLSEYE PLUMBING HEATING & AIR
Look no further than BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air for your Air Conditioning needs in Colorado Springs and Denver. If you need a repair on an existing Air Conditioning unit in Colorado Springs or Denver, we’ve got you covered! If you need a new Air Conditioning unit all together we’ve got you covered for that as well! Click below to schedule your appointment and fix all your Air Conditioning needs.
Whether you need heating services, cooling services, plumbing services, an HVAC system evaluation, repair, or replacement, or utility excavation, you can call on us to do the job and get it right the first time.