Summer is here! That means you have fun afternoons spent playing in the pool or gathering with family for barbecues to look forward to. Unfortunately, it also means the sweltering summer temperatures have arrived. For many homes, turning on the air conditioner is the only way to keep cool, but blasting the AC for 24 hours a day can nearly double your monthly utility bill. Turning off the air conditioner entirely isn’t an option when the temperatures are near double digits. Luckily, making a few small changes can help keep your house cool and comfortable without taking a toll on your electric bill:
- Have the AC inspected: Your high monthly energy bills could be caused by a problem with your air conditioning unit itself. A broken part or malfunctioning component could be causing it to operate less efficiently. This means you could be paying for cool air you’re likely not getting to enjoy. Have professional HVAC contractors in Colorado Springs inspect the unit annually to identify any possible issues. Then, they can make any necessary repairs so your AC will be able to run efficiently.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat: Your AC probably doesn’t need to be running while you are at work or on vacation. With a programmable thermostat, you can change the settings so the AC will turn on right before you come home. This way, you’ll see immediate savings on your monthly energy bill by only paying for what you are actually using.
- Change your air filters: Dust, pet dander and other contaminants can accumulate in your air filter over time. But did you know they can also reduce the airflow coming out of your AC? Changing your filter every six weeks will ensure it’s working at full efficiency. Consult with HVAC contractors in Colorado Springs if you’re not sure what type of filter you need or how to properly change it.
- Use a fan: Still feeling hot? Consider using a fan. A fan is a simple way to circulate the air around throughout a room to create a cooling breeze. Ceiling fans are a great option, as they are never in the way because they’re installed directly on the ceiling. On the other hand, floor and window fans are perfect for renters who don’t want to put holes in the ceiling, or for those who are tight on space. Generally, the cost of a fan can be significantly less than running your air conditioner full blast all summer long.
- Use windows to your advantage: This one might seem obvious, but it’s very important. You can easily beat the heat at no additional cost by opening and closing your windows strategically. Open the windows in the morning to let the cool breeze in, but make sure to close them as soon as the heat of the day sets in. You can reopen the windows in the evening.
Still not sure what you can do to stay cool this summer? Then it’s time to consult the professional HVAC contractors in Colorado Springs at BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air. Call us today to learn more!
CONTACT BULLSEYE PLUMBING HEATING & AIR
Look no further than BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air for your Air Conditioning needs in Colorado. If you need a repair on an existing Air Conditioning unit in Colorado, we’ve got you covered! If you need a new Air Conditioning unit all together we’ve got you covered for that as well! Click below to schedule your appointment and fix all your Air Conditioning needs.
Whether you need heating services, cooling services, plumbing services, an HVAC system evaluation, repair, or replacement, or utility excavation, you can call on us to do the job and get it right the first time.