It’s the middle of winter, and your furnace decides to go on the fritz. This is not what you need in zero-degree weather! What should you do? Of course, you can always call for furnace repair service in Colorado Springs.
If you want a few DIY tips to check things out for yourself first, try the following. These are common issues many homeowners can often diagnose and resolve without calling in the pros.
- Problem: Your furnace doesn’t heat. This could indicate a problem with the power, gas, pilot light, or thermostat.Solution: First, check the power supply. Reset any tripped breakers or replace blown fuses. Make sure it’s plugged in. Next, check to see if the pilot light is lit. If a window or door is creating a daft, the pilot light can get blown out. Also, verify the gas supply is flowing. If you suspect a problem with the gas and/or pilot light, call a professional to handle these potentially dangerous repairs. For thermostat issues, see below.
- Problem: Your furnace doesn’t heat enough. If your furnace is running, but is not sufficiently heating your home, you may have a clogged filter or the wrong size furnace for your space.Solution: Dirty filters can cause your furnace to malfunction. The furnace is forced to work harder to get the air circulated in your home. A clogged filter can even damage the fan control. It is important to clean or replace your filter once a month. A furnace repair service in Colorado Springs can demonstrate how to do this if needed. They can also examine your furnace to tell you if the size is appropriate for your home.
- Problem: The furnace cycles frequently. If your furnace cycles often between on and off, you may have a clogged filter, bad airflow, or improper thermostat setting.Solution: First, check and replace your filter. Ensure it is installed properly, with correct airflow direction. Next, check your thermostat. The setting for the fan should be “Auto.” If the fan is set to “On”, “Low,” “Medium,” or “High,” the fan runs continuously.
- Problem: The furnace is too loud. If you hear noises coming from your furnace, such as squeaking, rumbling, and loud rattles, these are a concern. They could indicate more serious issues than annoying sounds.Solution: Check to see if anything is clogged. Check or replace the filter. Examine the pipes around your furnace. Is the furnace causing vibrations in any of the pipes or other structures? It’s possible something simply needs to be secured. If nothing becomes apparent, call a repair person to examine the furnace for mechanical issues.
- Problem: The thermostat is malfunctioning. Your thermostat may take improper readings, or fail to tell the furnace to kick on or off.Solution: Check the battery of your thermostat. Often, replacing the battery is all it takes.
It still won’t work!
If you aren’t able to resolve your issue with these initial steps, it’s time to call for help. For these and any other problems, professional furnace repair service in Colorado Springs is just a phone call away.
CONTACT BULLSEYE PLUMBING HEATING & AIR
Look no further than BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air for your Air Conditioning needs in Colorado. If you need a repair on an existing Air Conditioning unit in Colorado, we’ve got you covered! If you need a new Air Conditioning unit all together we’ve got you covered for that as well! Click below to schedule your appointment and fix all your Air Conditioning needs.
Whether you need heating services, cooling services, plumbing services, an HVAC system evaluation, repair, or replacement, or utility excavation, you can call on us to do the job and get it right the first time.