Now that the temperatures are beginning to drop and we’re not using our air conditioners as much, it’s time to start thinking about ways to save money on our heating bills. After all, nobody wants to spend a fortune on their energy bills when they would rather be buying holiday gifts for friends and family! Thankfully, our smart heating contractors in Colorado Springs, CO have found ways that you can save money on your heating bill without sacrificing comfort by not using your furnace:
- Use the sun: The snow might be three feet high, and the temperatures might be well below freezing outside, but the sun can still help warm your home! Open up your curtains or blinds during the day and let the sun’s rays do their thing. You should trim any trees or branches around your windows that may prevent sunlight from getting into your house. Be sure to close your curtains at night, though, as they can really help to protect against drafts.
- Replace old weatherstripping: You’d be amazed at how much warm air slips outside due to old and worn weatherstripping around your doors and windows. Make sure that doesn’t happen this winter by heading down to the hardware store and buying some new weatherstripping. In addition to not letting warm air out, new weatherstripping can prevent cold air from ever getting inside and creating cold drafts.
- Plug holes in exterior walls: While you’re at the hardware store, pick up some expanding foam. You can trap warm air in your home by filling holes around pipes, gas lines and electrical cables with aerosol foam. It’s a great way to save money with just a few dollars and a few minutes of your time.
- Call a contractor: If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to pick up the phone and call your trusted heating contractors in Colorado Springs, CO. A professional heating contractor will come out to inspect your furnace to ensure it is functioning as it should be. A furnace that hasn’t been maintained on a regular basis is bound to be less energy efficient, and also runs the risk of breaking down when you need it the most.
- Replace your filters: The best part is that you don’t need a contractor to replace your air filters! You can pick them up at the hardware store for a few dollars and replace them yourself in a matter of minutes. Do this on a monthly basis for the best indoor air quality and energy efficiency.
- Turn your thermostat down: If all else fails, you can save a ton of money this winter by setting your thermostat to a lower temperature. We’re not saying you should turn if off completely, but you also don’t need it to feel like a Florida summer in your home. You can stay comfortable with your thermostat below 70 degrees. For each degree below 70, you can save 3 percent on your energy bill.
Spend your hard-earned money elsewhere this winter—follow these simple tips from heating contractors in Colorado Springs, CO, and you’re sure to save a bundle on each electric bill that comes in the mail!
CONTACT BULLSEYE PLUMBING HEATING & AIR
Look no further than BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air for your Air Conditioning needs in Colorado Springs and Denver. If you need a repair on an existing Air Conditioning unit in Colorado Springs or Denver, we’ve got you covered! If you need a new Air Conditioning unit all together we’ve got you covered for that as well! Click below to schedule your appointment and fix all your Air Conditioning needs.
Whether you need heating services, cooling services, plumbing services, an HVAC system evaluation, repair, or replacement, or utility excavation, you can call on us to do the job and get it right the first time.