Your home’s plumbing system is like your heating system, you car and even your appliances. There may be some problems that you can’t avoid, but it is always possible that some of the difficulties you deal with are 100 percent preventable. When it comes to your plumbing, a backup is the one thing that has various causes that are both avoidable and unavoidable.
Here are the top five things that cause backups and lead to your needing plumbing service in Colorado Springs:
- Solids: You have to be really careful about what you put down your toilet, because it can cause a backup. For example, flushing solids down the toilet is sure to cause problems and lead to you needing plumbing service. Solids you should avoid flushing down your toilet include diapers, sanitary napkins, paper and garbage. When you flush these items down your toilet, they clog your drain because they are too large and ultimately get stuck.
- Grease: A lot of people pour grease down their drains even though they aren’t supposed to. Whether they do it intentionally or have no idea of the damage it can do, there are still consequences to be suffered. When you pour grease or fat down your drain, it can harden and lead to a clog. At the same time, other debris can easily collect along with the grease, making the clog worse and backing up your pipes.
- Tree roots: Some of the causes of backups are due to human error, but nature can also be blamed for some of the backups people experience. Tree roots are a danger to your drains because they can grow into your home’s pipes and back them up. Even if you don’t have a tree in your yard, the roots from trees on nearby properties can still find a way to your drains leave you with a plumbing problem.
- Sewer main: Every city has a sewer main. Should this main have a blockage, it can lead to issues in your home, as well as other homes and businesses in the area. Luckily, if this blockage in the city’s main is detected in time, you may not be affected by it at all. However, if you are, you will need a professional plumbing service in Colorado Springs to come in and fix the problem before too much damage can occur.
- Damage to pipes: An issue with your pipes is another top reason backups happen in your home. In some cases, there is pre-existing damage to your pipes or malfunctions that you may not be aware of that can be the cause of a backup. For example, pipes may be misaligned, sagging or even have cracks and holes. By having your pipes inspected, these issues or malfunctions can be caught before a backup occurs.
When you own a home, there are many problems you will have to deal with. From your roofing and siding to plumbing and HVAC, there is no guarantee that things won’t go wrong. Should you experience a plumbing backup, it would be wise to contact a professional who can fix the problem as soon as possible.
Are you in need of plumbing service in Colorado Springs? Let the professionals from BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air tend to your plumbing needs.
CONTACT BULLSEYE PLUMBING HEATING & AIR
Look no further than BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air for your Air Conditioning needs in Colorado Springs and Denver. If you need a repair on an existing Air Conditioning unit in Colorado Springs or Denver, we’ve got you covered! If you need a new Air Conditioning unit all together we’ve got you covered for that as well! Click below to schedule your appointment and fix all your Air Conditioning needs.
Whether you need heating services, cooling services, plumbing services, an HVAC system evaluation, repair, or replacement, or utility excavation, you can call on us to do the job and get it right the first time.