Sometimes it can feel like you are just throwing valuable money away when it comes to HVAC and plumbing services. Unfortunately, these are two areas where you just can’t get away with putting off fixing a major problem, such as a burst pipe or a broken heating component. On top of that, homeowners are also forced to pay monthly energy and water bills. Luckily, there are a variety of different preventative measures that can be taken to reduce unnecessary waste of resources and financial loss. Implementing these suggestions will help keep bills low, prevent unexpected breakdowns and reduce both water and utility costs. Incorporate these simple tips to save money on HVAC and plumbing services:
- Turn down the thermostat: You can easily save money on your monthly heating bill just by monitoring the temperature closely. Strategically setting the thermostat can reduce your costs considerably, even by adjusting the thermostat by only a few degrees.
- Enlist the help of fans: Fans should be your best friends during the summer months. A carefully placed fan can cool a room in no time without using as much energy as your air conditioner.
- Keep the HVAC in shape: Regular inspections from an AC and furnace repair service in Colorado Springs, CO will help keep the unit running smoothly. Oftentimes, a breakage can be attributed to an easily preventable problem, such as a dirty air filter or a cracked part. Have a professional check the unit at least once a year for optimal performance.
- Protect outdoor units: Wind, rain and snow can be pretty tough on an HVAC unit placed outside. Cover outdoor and rooftop units during the offseason to protect them from the effects of the elements. Talk to your heating contractors in Colorado Springs, CO about finding the right cover for your specific HVAC model.
- Protect pipes: Insulating the pipes will help keep them from freezing and bursting when the temperatures dip below freezing. This is especially important if the pipes are located in a non-heated area, such as the garage.
- Opt for low-flow fixtures: A traditional showerhead uses up to 42 gallons of water in just a 10-minute shower! A low-flow showerhead will reduce your water consumption, which will be reflected in your next water bill.
- Fix leaking: Leaking pipes, faucets and toilets can take a huge toll on your monthly water bill. Check each pipe for any dripping water before making the necessary repairs to stop the leak.
- Keep the drain clear: Most homeowners don’t consider their drains until they become clogged. Take special care to ensure hair, food and other items stay out of the drains. Over time, these items can accumulate within the pipes and result in a clog.
Regular maintenance is key to keeping both your plumbing and HVAC systems working great all year long. Contact BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air to learn more about how we can help keep service costs low. We are your go-to experts for plumbing maintenance, HVAC repairs and more. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment!
CONTACT BULLSEYE PLUMBING HEATING & AIR
Look no further than BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air for your Air Conditioning needs in Colorado Springs and Denver. If you need a repair on an existing Air Conditioning unit in Colorado Springs or Denver, we’ve got you covered! If you need a new Air Conditioning unit all together we’ve got you covered for that as well! Click below to schedule your appointment and fix all your Air Conditioning needs.
Whether you need heating services, cooling services, plumbing services, an HVAC system evaluation, repair, or replacement, or utility excavation, you can call on us to do the job and get it right the first time.