Do your energy bills seem to be climbing higher and higher each month? An old, inefficient furnace can cause utility costs to quickly skyrocket. This is a common occurrence as a furnace ages. Typically, most furnaces require more energy and repairs once they pass the two-decade mark. This can result in up to a 30 percent cost increase to heat your home. Worst of all, older furnaces tend to operate at an efficiency rate of only 75 percent! That is incredibly low compared to new high-efficiency models.
High-efficiency furnaces offer a multitude of benefits, including reduced energy usage and improved efficiency. To qualify as high-efficiency, the furnace must have an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of 90 percent or higher. The average furnace only has an AFUE rating of approximately 60 to 80 percent. The higher the rating, the less energy wasted.
Let’s take a look at just a few of the advantages of replacing your old furnace with a high-efficiency model:
- Financial savings: A high-efficiency furnace does tend to be a bit more expensive than a standard furnace initially, but the overall lifetime savings will make the initial investment well worth it. A high-efficiency furnace uses 33 percent less energy than a traditional furnace, which means lower monthly heating costs. These improved models also require fewer repairs than a low-efficiency unit from certified HVAC contractors in Colorado Springs, CO because they sustain less wear.
- Even heating: Cold corners and freezing rooms are a thing of the past with a high-efficiency furnace. These improved units are designed to distribute heat more evenly throughout every room in the home. This also helps maintain a comfortable and consistent temperature.
- Improved air quality: Impure air and mold growth are common side effects of a low-quality furnace. A high-efficiency furnace will work to remove any impurities from the air. The sealed combustion chambers will prevent dry, contaminated outside air from entering the home. This can help reduce the side effects of asthma or other breathing problems.
- Quieter: Older furnaces are incredibly noisy as they switch on and off. That’s not the case with a high-efficiency furnace. The furnace is equipped with state-of-the-art sound absorbing materials to reduce any noise. This simple adjustment can help improve sleep quality and boost the overall comfort levels in your home.
- Rebates and incentives: You may be eligible for a variety of different rebates and incentives just by purchasing a high-efficiency furnace. Most manufacturers offer a rebate for the upgrade. Additionally, your local energy company may provide an incentive for making the switch.
A high-efficiency furnace should only be installed by a professional HVAC and plumbing service in Colorado Springs, CO. This will prevent any critical mistakes that could potentially damage the furnace and reduce its efficiency. Call the professionals at BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air today to learn more about how installing a high-efficiency furnace can benefit your home. Our team of trained technicians is here for all of your needs related to HVAC and plumbing in Colorado Springs, CO.
This post was written by Writer