With colder weather approaching, it’s essential that your furnace is up and running and performing at its best so that you don’t find yourself dealing with costly repairs or dangers like gas leaks.
If you’re concerned that you may be in need of furnace repair in Colorado Springs because your furnace has recently been making loud noises, you’re right to be paying attention. Strange noises coming from your heater aren’t normal, so now’s the time to make an appointment with a professional.
Here are some problems you may encounter related to a loud furnace, and possible explanations:
- Furnace is loud as it’s starting up: This may be happening due to an issue known as “delayed ignition,” which occurs when unburned oil gathers in the furnace and ignites all at once. If you notice that your furnace is noisy upon startup, don’t wait—call a heating professional right away, as this situation is potentially hazardous.
- Motor is producing a noise: A furnace repair professional can make any adjustments, including replacement, to the motor or perform any other needed repairs, such as maintenance on the furnace’s bearings. While not the solution in all cases, lubricating the motor may take care of the problem.
- Blower wheel is making a noise: Another common furnace problem can occur if a screw becomes loose in the furnace’s blower wheel, the part of the furnace that moves the air from the furnace and through your home. If the screw is too loose, the blower wheel will emit a loud noise.
- Furnace is producing a vibrating sound: If you notice that your furnace seems to be vibrating or rattling, it may be because its ducts have become loose. The expert you hire can make any adjustments needed to address the issue.
- Furnace is making a whistling noise: Gaps in the furnace duct or a filter that has become clogged are common causes of this type of sound. A whistling noise can be emitted from any space where air can pass through.
A professional will be able to determine whether your filter should be replaced or other repairs should be made.
To help prevent the need for future repairs, consider asking your heating professional if they can perform annual maintenance on your furnace. During this process, your furnace will be cleaned of elements like dust and debris, have its filter replaced and be tested and inspected for any potential dangers, such as gas leaks.
Do you need to arrange for furnace repair service in Colorado Springs to fix a noisy furnace? You can turn to the experts at BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air. For more than 10 years, we have been proud to be your locally owned one-stop shop for home HVAC and plumbing maintenance services.
Among many other services, we offer a large variety of system upgrades, installations, repairs, replacements and service work, including furnace and boiler maintenance, furnace and AC inspection and cleaning, HVAC, plumbing, utilities maintenance, excavation, sewer drain cleaning, high pressure water jetting and power washing. We can also perform carbon monoxide testing, air pressure testing, winterizing or de-winterizations and more. We provide around-the-clock customer service and the highest quality of work, and we are often able to provide same-day service. Call us today to schedule your appointment!
Categorised in: Furnace Repair
This post was written by Writer