Choose Between Through-the-Wall and Window Air Conditioners with Tips from HVAC Contractors in Colorado SpringsJune 29, 2017 3:49 pm Leave your thoughts
Whether you are thinking about upgrading your air conditioning unit or you want a unit installed for the first time in your home or business, you’ve probably thought about the different air conditioning options that are available. A couple of the most popular types of cooling units—through-the-wall and window air conditioners—both have different advantages and considerations that you should take into account before you make the decision. Whenever you need assistance with the installation or upgrading of your air conditioning system, always contact professional HVAC contractors in Colorado Springs who can assist you:
- Installation: The ease-of-installation of through-the-wall air conditioner is largely dependent on your specific space. If your home or business already has sleeves installed in your exterior walls that are designed to accommodate in-wall AC units, the installation can be relatively simple and straightforward. Window air conditioning units offer some advantages when it comes to installation since they can easily be installed.
- Cost: Generally, in-wall unit air conditioners cost more than those that are placed in windows. The unit itself is more expensive and the cost can grow quickly if you need to have new wall sleeves installed to accommodate your in-wall unit.
- Efficiency: While both types of air conditioning units can run efficiently if they are properly installed and cared for, there are some concerns associated with in-wall units that might reduce their overall efficiency. For one thing, an issue with the seal of your unit’s exterior sleeves can lead to hot outdoor air seeping into your building. This can force your air conditioning unit to work harder, meaning that it will likely drive up your monthly utility bill.
- Circulation: The sleeves that are installed to accommodate through-the-wall air conditioners can cause issues when it comes to circulation. They might restrict airflow and can even cause warm exhaust air to recirculate back into the building.
- Versatility: Oftentimes, in-wall air conditioning units are the preferred choice when it comes to aesthetic appeal. Many people prefer the way that they look and the fact that they don’t take up much space in a room compared with units that sit in the window. When it comes to versatility, window units have the upper hand. They can easily be installed and removed as needed, which means that they don’t have to be a permanent fixture year-round in your home or business.
No matter what type of air conditioning unit you choose, it is important that you keep it working well to ensure that it is functioning as effectively as possible. The best way to get the most out of your air conditioning unit is to keep it in great working condition with regular inspections and routine maintenance. From a simple tune-up to a complete replacement and installation of a new air conditioning unit, BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air can help. We are a one-stop-shop for all of your home and building maintenance needs. Contact us today to find out more about our extensive list of services and to schedule an appointment with our HVAC contractors in Colorado Springs.
Categorised in: HVAC Contractor
This post was written by Writer