It seems like only days ago we were all cooped up inside our homes, waiting for the latest snowstorm to pass and for the temperatures to climb back above zero. Now, we’re on the bridge from spring to summer and before you know it, we’ll be wishing for cooler temperatures to break the spell of a heatwave!
It’s important to anticipate the upcoming season appropriately, which means readying yourself for the summer weather that you know is coming. If you don’t want to be stuck fanning yourself on a hot day and taking shelter in the shade, it’s time to start considering your home’s AC unit, and all of the services it’ll need to ready it for periods of extended summertime use.
The first and best thing you can do for your AC unit this summer is to call an HVAC contractor in Colorado Springs to come out to you and perform startup services. What’s so important about startup services and what do they entail? Take a look:
- First and foremost, startup services are going to include a thorough inspection of all of your unit’s critical components. This comprehensive check is going to alert you to any fundamental errors that will need to be addressed right off the bat, to ensure your unit is ready to rock and roll as soon as the temperatures call for it.
- Next, all of the moving parts of your system will be properly cleaned and lubricated. Many people forget that their AC unit is a mechanical device, which means any friction present is going to take a toll on the parts. Eliminating friction in moving components means properly and thoroughly cleaning off any gunk and lubricating parts with the correct viscosity lubricant.
- After lubrication comes air filter changes—or at the very least an air filter cleaning. The air filter is going to keep debris out of your system and ensure the air quality you’re getting inside your home is the best it can be. Clogged up air filters can also fail to prevent pathogens from entering your home, which can lead to miserable experiences for allergy sufferers during peak summer months.
- Let’s not forget about your unit’s electrical components! An HVAC contractor in Colorado Springs will thoroughly test your unit’s electrical connections and its communication with your interior thermostat, to make sure there are no miscommunications or faults in the circuit. Electrical issues are among the biggest in terms of inefficiency, so solving them straightaway will help lend peace of mind every time you open your heating and cooling bill.
- Finally, an HVAC professional is going to cycle your system to make sure everything is functioning properly. This will also serve to acclimate your AC unit with its function, which you’re certain to be relying on in the not-too-distant future.
If you do one thing for your AC unit this spring, make sure it’s calling an HVAC contractor in Colorado Springs to come out and provide startup services for your unit. When you’re basking in the cool air of your home, instead of sweating to death outside, you’ll be happy you did!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin